$150K — $200K *
What’s it like to work at Quickbase? Well, our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all Quickbase employees are engaged in interesting work, we try new and different things and lots of room for career advancement (1/3 of our employees are in a new role from 1 year ago!). We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. Quickbase combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Find out if Quickbase is for you!
As an architect, you will play a key role in our growing Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team. You will be the technical owner of the enterprise Data warehouse and will own technical solutions from a design and architecture perspective. We are looking for you to bring your expertise to creatively solve complex data challenges of various sizes with the goal of enabling analysts and peers throughout Quickbase to make decisions backed by data.
What you’ll do:
· Understand the current Snowflake implementation
· Make recommendations to improve new and existing data warehouse solutions to make Snowflake a highly scalable enterprise data warehouse
· Implement solutions that leverage the power of Snowflake and Tableau as part of the BI (Business Intelligence) ecosystem
· Define development standards and standards for data flows in and between different systems/applications
· Mentor the team in cloud concepts, Snowflake infrastructure and data warehouse development, data migration and modeling best practices
· Develop and maintain documentation of the data architecture, data flows and data models of the data warehouse appropriate for various audiences
· Enable partners to make key decisions with accurate data analysis, reports, and presentations of key findings
· Be an advocate for data governance and make recommendations to implement governance as a key part of the DW/BI journey
· Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features and make recommendations on performance tuning, cost optimization on Snowflake
· Have a pulse on the latest tools and technology to keep our BI tool stack aligned with the business needs and vision
You will have:
· 10+ years in IT with experience working on Databases, DW and BI projects and located in EST or CST zone
· Experience working on an implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse
· Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques, data modelling, implementing complex stored Procedures
· Knowledge of Snowflake architecture concepts - Cloud Services, Virtual Warehouse, S3, etc.
· Experience setting up and supporting ELT tools such as DBT, Matillion or similar
· Experience configuring, maintaining, monitoring, overseeing, and troubleshooting MySQL/ SQL Server databases
· Experience in data migration from enterprise systems such as Salesforce, NetSuite, Billing Systems etc.
· Experience with data security and data access controls and design
· Experience as Architect on Snowflake cloud data warehouse and BI solutions (desirable)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated influencing skills, elevated level of technical and team leadership skills.
Valid through: 1/28/2022