Are you a Canadian based Cloud Data Architect focused on building end to end solutions? Do you want to be a recognized thought leader in cloud technologies and related business metrics for enterprises and startups alike? Do you want to work in a client-facing role that requires strong technical leadership skills, the ability to drive projects to success and work under stress in fast-paced environments? Can you conduct strategic planning of an organization’s cloud platform maturity with a focus of fulfilling business requirements around cost, scalability and flexibility of the platform? Can you draft technology roadmaps documenting best practice gaps with precise steps of how to get there? Can you create and work with large and complex data models? Do you have cloud implementation experience? If you Love Your Data™ and enjoy solving complex technical problems and want to Love your career then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Lead architecture, design and development of end to end Cloud based solutions with heavy focus on application and data and good understanding of infrastructure
- Act as a architectural lead within a small team of globally dispersed Cloud Data Consultants, supporting the team in overcoming challenges by helping to remove roadblocks and developing options and solutions
- Work with other Architects and the cloud Squad Leaders to ensure sound dev, test and QA practices
- Work with PMs and other Architects to prioritize, assign and communicate work to team members
- Ensure that the solution design is followed
- Periodic travel to client sites for face to face meetings and presentations
- Interface with Pythian’s clients, directly, regularly to exchange feedback on the implementation, business needs, and over all products(s)
- Conducting technical audits of existing architectures (Infrastructure, Performance, Developing data security as a function of design as well as Scalability and more)
- Providing component or site-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning.
- Documenting best practices and recommendations
- Developing application data architecture models to further enable effective service oriented delivery (3NF, Denormalized, Entity/Relationship, Dimensional etc)
- Working with both and client development teams directly to help engineers to build highly available, more manageable cloud platforms.
What do we need from you?
- This is a “wish list” and there will be plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and contribute to the Team and Customers needs and grow with Pythian. While we realise you might not have everything to be the successful candidate for the Cloud Architect job you will likely have skills such as;
- Understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- In-depth knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies & concepts from Google, Amazon or Microsoft and/or (cloud & Conventional RDBMS), BigQuery, Redshift, Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake etc.
- Strong knowledge of cloud batch and stream processing architectures.
- Good experience with enterprise scale data modeling
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architecture.
- Data quality process experience including data cleansing, audits and alerts, triage mechanisms & processes and referential integrity
- Be fluent in a couple of object oriented language, preferably Java and Python, familiarity with Scala and Go would be a plus.
- A certification such as Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Data Engineer or related AWS Certified Solutions Architect / cloud or Microsoft Azure Architect
- Experience or interest in people management, in a “player-coach” style of leadership longer term would be great.
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total rewards package with an annual bonus
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with our substantial training allowance; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: Why commute? Work remotely from your home (forever), there’s no daily travel requirement to an office! You can be located anywhere in Canada, all you need is a stable connection.
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, and an annual budget to personalise your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.