Protective Insurance is seeking an experienced Cloud Data Architect who will lead the establishment or and migration to the company’s data lake in the cloud, and help our business partners derive significant value from our data assets. The Cloud Data Architect will partner closely with fellow team members on the architecture team including cloud infrastructure, application and security architects to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects that will leverage Machine Learning, IoT, batch/real-time data processing, Data and Business intelligence. This role will also focus on Data processing capabilities and helping our business partners to remove the constraints that prevent them from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
- Develop an overarching enterprise and multi-cloud data strategy
- Plan and oversee the migration of our on-prem data warehouse to the cloud, insuring best practices around cloud native design and security are implemented.
- Design a partner-friendly data integration ecosystem in the cloud.
- Lead data integration initiatives with partners and providers.
- Collaborate with architects, business partners and vendors to implement cloud native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and Amazon Redshift.
- Enable new analytics capabilities by selecting and implementing the best tools, practices and patterns.
- Review proposed data models contained in packaged, custom developed and commercially available applications
- Establish metrics for tracking and measuring the value of data architecture initiatives
- Provide leadership to enable new capabilities for Business Intelligence, and mentor data team members.
- 5+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
- 3+ years’ experience of Data Lake implementation.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with analytic solutions, preferably related to insurance business cases such as underwriting, risk analysis, fraud detection, and IoT.
- Hands on experience leading enterprise data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations and communicate impactfully to both senior business and IT technical audiences.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR).
- Implementing AWS, Azure or GCP services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.