**Remote candidates will be considered with a preference for Pacific Time Zone**
We’re looking for an experienced Cloud Data Architect to join our Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization. Our Cloud Data Architect will lead a high-impact, high-velocity initiative to bring our Agency technology up to date. This role collaborates with various engineering teams and business leaders to ensure the Agency teams make the best technical, product and people decisions.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the design of new data systems and guide the delivery teams in building high performing, scalable, secured, highly available and easy to understand cloud data services based on your blueprints. You'll operate as a key contributor in teams of dedicated professionals toward a common product vision. You must be comfortable presenting ideas to our Executive & IT Leadership team. Presenting your ideas clearly, concisely to business and leadership will be a key attribute to your suite of skills. You’ll bring to bear your proven track record of expertise in hands-on AWS experience.
- Create a well-informed cloud data strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud databases and infrastructure
- Tune and optimize database performance both before and after cloud transformation
- Troubleshoot database problems and provide corrective action within a short amount of time
- Assist in installing, upgrading and configuring database management system software including AWS RDS instances in the cloud
- Develop and organize cloud systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server systems to install, upgrade, configure, implement, secure, tune, monitor and maintain required database objects
- Advanced knowledge of database design to produce sound logical and physical data models
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and coding techniques to code stored procedures and triggers
- Experience with varied forms of data design, such as online transaction processing, online analytical processing, data warehousing, operational data stores, and decision support systems. Specific knowledge writing ETL for data warehousing
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent software work experience
- 2+ years of Data Architecture experience
- 3+ years developing and optimizing large scale data pipelines, with experience in both structured and unstructured data sets
- Experience in data transformation, migration, synchronization, and troubleshooting across more than one Database Platform (e.g., SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra etc.) and one or more Cloud Database Platforms (e.g., AWS RDS, AWS DynamoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure MySql, GCP Cloud SQL, GCP DataStore, etc.)
- Working with AWS services, familiar with solutions using such technologies as EC2, S3, EMR, Kinesis, RDS, Redshift, Glue, or Athena.
- Extensive proficiency in database design and implementation, with very strong SQL knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; experience working directly with business practice leads and key internal stakeholders
- Experience with complex ETL/ELT processes from multiple heterogenous source systems
- Hands-on experience with AWS or comparable cloud platform, which includes building, deploying, and supporting applications.
- Experience in designing and building scalable and complex systems in the cloud
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration/Delivery concept
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English language