The Data Services team is a core competency of IT that enables AssetMark Financial to deliver a platform for independent financial advisors to build great businesses. At the heart of this platform is an Enterprise Data Hub. The EDH acts as the firm's single source of truth for data and is the foundation for all data and analytical reporting, dashboards and KPIs.
The Cloud Data Analyst will act as part of Data Services Platform team that is responsible for the design, development and management of the company's database and data warehouse platforms.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that ingests, models, prepares, stores and disseminates data throughout the organization line of business systems, strategic business partners and management. Our Cloud Data Analyst will be in a fast-paced, goals-based environment you will need to be aware of time-bound deliverables and be able to partner with onshore and offshore vendor teams including development and QA resources.
The Skills You Bring:
- You enjoy designing, developing and deploying data preparation processes to be utilized for data warehouses/repositories/big data platforms, self-service reporting solutions, scorecards and dashboards on financial data using analytical and visualization tools.
- You help to understand business requirements - translate and use complex data sources that needs to be blended, cleaned, structured and enriched into a desired output for analysis and utilized to deliver efficient and quality reports/ dashboards using various BI tools (what tools do we currently use?)
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with multiple application development teams.
- You are a Big Picture thinker with the ability to execute with details. You will also serve as the technical subject-matter expert for assigned scrum teams.
- You can promote and evaluate the use of software development best practices (including automated unit testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Dev Ops)
- You can work in an object-oriented, multi-developer environment with version control, change management and continuous improvement protocols.
- You are a post data support subject matter expert
- You can build PowerShell scripts and Azure/AWS data pipelines.
- You bring technical expertise in building our next generation data platform on AWS
- You have worked as a Data Analyst, Cloud Analyst or AWS Data Analyst for a minimum of 3 years
- You have 1 year of Microsoft Azure/AWS development/implementation experience
- Several years of experience with Big Data concepts and common components including Azure, Spark and multiple languages (Java, Scala, Python, R) and integration with consumption tools.
- You understand and can discuss advanced SQL, PowerShell and/or Python scripting experience.
- You bring a strong technology background of ETL and SQL coding experience
- You can discuss your experience with .Net (C#, VB Script) OR Java application development
- You can bring ETL coding experience using SSIS, Azure Data Factory and other tools
- Experience designing high performing database queries / indexes and troubleshooting database performance issues.
- You enjoy bringing passion and demonstrating experience in delivering results and meeting business goals in a matrix and cross functional environment
- Strong hands-on experience in Paxata or other data profiling technologies.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Data Science
- 1+ years of Spark development
- Azure Databricks experience
- Experience in analysis of financial services data strongly preferred
- Facilitation/presentation experience and ability to properly communicate with Business and Technical audience