$100K — $200K *
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
Navy Federal Credit Union is seeking a Cloud Containerization Platform Engineer to develop and manage the Kubernetes Cluster Lifecycle Management Platform on Azure Cloud. The Platform Engineer will support the Operations and Management of Kubernetes/Container Platforms on Azure using AKS and/or Tanzu Application Service and Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (previously Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pivotal Kubernetes Services). The Platform Engineer will be responsible for planning and scaling out the containerization platform for the expanding workload/applications in the Cloud. This role requires collaboration with cloud business partners, information security and architecture teams utilizing an agile delivery framework.
• Design, create and manage Kubernetes Clusters for workloads onboarding to the Platform.
• Mentor and guide the development teams to package their products and deploy on the clusters based on their capacity, business, and utilization requirements.
• Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality.
• Perform system and application patching. Review and remediate vulnerabilities periodically to ensure compliance with NFCU Security.
• Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures.
• Available to provide on-call (24/7) support to the application teams and/or through escalation.
• Minimum 3+ years recent hands-on experience in managing Kubernetes Platforms on any Cloud, preferably Microsoft Azure (AKS).
• Demonstrated experience using the tools to manage the platforms, such as Prometheus, Grafana, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Sentinel, Azure Monitor, Splunk and related.
• Must champion cloud application adoption activities and development support of containerized applications and microservices.
• Must be conversant with monitoring, management, disaster recovery, blue green deployment models, security and build pack development.
• Fluency in any scripting languages, such as Python, YAML, Terraform, JSON, PowerShell, ARM Templates used for automation.
• Understanding of Cloud Native technologies, principles, and techniques such as Kubernetes, microservices; 12 factor application development model.
• Dynamic presence with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Solid understanding of Kubernetes Architecture and Platform or Tanzu Application Service (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)) / Open Source Cloud Foundry (CF), BOSH.
• Understanding of engineering principles and deployment of software to Kubernetes Clusters or Tanzu Platform.
• Understanding of Network Security tools such as CheckPoint Integration Suite interacting with Ingres Controller (Nginx) and/or PCF GoRouter (for internal PCF traffic).
• Understanding of Repair, Repave and Rotate concepts including IPsec communication protocols within PCF and oAuth token refreshment.
• Understanding of Upgrade Management and Pipelines via Concourse: Creating and establishing CI/CD pipelines or integrating with existing CI/CD pipelines for deployment of Platform and related products.
• Understanding of access control and authentication using SAML, oAuth and directory-enablement concepts.
• Experience/solid understanding of monitoring, alerting and analytics of systems, platform and application performance and usage.
• Understanding of databases (MySQL, Azure SQL, etc.) and messaging middleware technologies (such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ).
• Good understanding of core Java and Spring framework (Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Contract)
• Good understanding of Test Driven Development
• Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines
• Experience working with Forward and Reverse Proxies
• Prior experience with software development or release automation is a plus
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Applications, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
• Certifications such as Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) or equivalent is a plus.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | Remote
Salary range: [$110,600] to [$184,400]
Valid through: 11/9/2021
$80K — $150K *
4 days ago
$100K — $150K *
12 days ago
$100K — $150K *
12 days ago