Job ID 58404
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Cloud Consultant to join us. In this role, you will guide the adoption of Red Hat's cloud solutions in our key enterprise accounts, government agencies, and service provider partners. You will play an important part in our customers' success by designing and delivering pilots and cloud deployments. We'll need you to have working knowledge of and direct experience with cloud architectures and their supporting infrastructures and scriptinglanguages, with a particularly deep level of knowledge in either cloud networking (SDN) or storage (object and block) disciplines. This is a remote position with weekly travel to client sites and can be located anywhere in North America within close proximity to an airport. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Implement and integrate Red Hat Open Hybrid Cloud technologies, including Red Hat OpenStack, OpenShift by Red Hat, and Red Hat CloudForms
- Collaborate with project and client team members to meet timelines and goals
- Contribute to project documentation and diagrams including QA and ticket and bug management
- Participate in mentoring and knowledge transfer to clients
- Develop and implement automation and integration for our clients cloud and system infrastructure solutions using Ruby, Python, or Puppet
- Work with senior associates to guide adoption of automation techniques and DevOps processes to improve cloud life cycle, including infrastructure and application uptime, availability and time-to-market
- Design and advocate solutions using cloud technologies, design principles, integration points, and automation methods
- Serve as the cloud subject matter expert at the client site
- Deliver and support the deployment of Red Hat’s cloud technologies on customer projects
- Design, create, and deliver content that enables the broader Red Hat organization to design, service, and support our cloud solutions at scale
- 5+ years of technology experience, including consulting, operations, help desk or service desk, development, and related internships
- 3+ years of experience with Linux, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or derivative
- 2+ years of experience with the Ruby or Python languages
- Working experience with DevOps or agile processes
- Experience with operating system architecture and concepts, including virtualization, e.g. KVM, and container, e.g. Docker
- Background in implementing systems infrastructure and cloud solutions, including data storage, networking, monitoring, and security
- Familiarity with Bash and similar command line tools
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with highly distributed teams, including interacting with the open source communities via email and IRC
- Passion for open source, software, tooling, and automation
- Willingness to travel weekly to client locations throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Experience with the operation of enterprise and cloud infrastructures is a plus
- Experience working in a quality assurance role or working with ticketing systems or bug tracking tools is preferred
- Familiarity with using public cloud technologies and providers, e.g. Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.