$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity, Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together, Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN – these are all key elements to who we hire.
The ideal candidate is someone who…
· Operates with the highest levels of integrity
· Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
· Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
· Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
· Has a passion for technology
Expertise you bring:
· Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
· Developing a deep expertise in AWS technologies.
· Being subject matter expert and taking on a consultative role as it pertains to cloud adoption.
· Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
· Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Other duties as assigned
Education, skills and experience you possess:
· Must possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent 2nd Watch well within a solution provider's environment as well as directly to our customers
· Drive discussions with senior personnel within the company and possess a technical background that enables them to easily interact with and give guidance to software developers and architects
· Working knowledge of AWS and/or Azure, or experience building High-Availability or High Traffic infrastructure
· Linux Engineer: 5-10 years of Linux experience. They must be high-level subject matter expert with multiple distro's (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, OpenVZ, VMware, Chef, Puppet
· Windows Engineer: 5-10 years of Windows experience designing solutions with technologies like: MSSQL, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, IIS 7 & 8, Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V,etc.
· Must have practical, hands on experience working with Puppet.
· The successful candidate will be highly technical and analytical
· Demonstrate 5-10 years of implementation/consulting experience
· Possess experience working within the software development or Internet industries
· Understanding of application, server, and network security
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
· Industry certifications
· You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
· Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
· Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI (Add more if needed)
· Up to 60% travel may be required
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch :
· Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks: