The Cloud Connectivity Engineer II is an active participant in NICE inContact’s presales effort. He or she interfaces directly with end users to conduct a thorough discovery process, gathering requirements which facilitate the engineering of voice and data interconnections. These connections enable customers or their partners to use of our software platform. After customers have confirmed interest in using NICE inContact’s applications, Telephony Sales Engineers are engaged by software Sales Engineers to finalize the design components for voice and data services. Telephony Sales Engineers also interface with existing customers who require connectivity revisions or upgrades.
As a Telephony Sales Engineer II, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Provide direct support to NICE inContact's sales and customer service organizations for pre- and post-sale connectivity engineering needs.
- Attain a mastery-level knowledge of the voice and data services available through NICE inContact. Be able to communicate their full functionality and interconnection requirements to customers and their vendors.
- Develop solutions for a wide range of complex applications. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with the organizations' objectives.
- Thoroughly document proposals for standard and customized services. Prepare detailed project plans and order summaries for presentation to end users and their partners.
- Approve designs for sale upon customer acceptance.
- Act as an escalation point to resolve vendor hardware, software and application problems associated to the products and services recommended.
- Act as a mentor for Cloud Connectivity Engineers who need design guidance.
- Organize resources required to successfully accomplish projects and organizational goals.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with various departments in and outside of the company, in order to ensure overall order coordination success.
- Approximately 25% travel may be required.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years Telecommunications Circuit Design Engineering or Analysis
- 4+ years in a Sales or Solutions Engineering role
- Demonstrated working knowledge of telecom principles and concepts
- Proven ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, together with industry personnel, vendors, sales, service delivery and engineering personnel
- Requires a broad range of skills within a professional discipline to effectively perform complex assignments; demands familiarity with theories, concepts and network principles as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices
- Highly organized, motivated and self-sufficient with a desire to win
- Strong customer service and technical support skills, coupled with problem-solving, trouble shooting skills, analytical and decision making ability
- Advanced knowledge in architecture design and configuration of a wide array of networking and equipment including, OSI model service design with strong emphasis on Ethernet and IP architectures, VoIP Network protocols and designs (SIP, MGCP, SBC, etc), IP4 and IPv6 addressing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Visio
- Prior experience presenting solutions to stakeholders at all levels, both in virtual and face-to-face environments
- Prior experience with provisioning of Dedicated TDM and IP services
- Prior experience building switching and routing translations for customer or carrier facing connections
- Prior experience with installation and implementation of telephony related equipment such as PBXs, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, etc.