Cloud Automation Engineer
We are looking for Cloud Automation Engineer for our client in Houston, TX
Job Title: Cloud Automation Engineer
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Software Engineer for cloud and/or data development is responsible for designing and implementing systems and services leveraging public clouds. Strong understanding in security related to development and deployment is highly desirable.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based services and applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS
- Create robust production quality applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Author documentation, reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations for purposes of training and knowledge sharing purposes
- Ability to follow the general development practices and techniques such as unit testing, integration testing, security testing and code quality measurement
- Review, mentor and coach, while defining and promoting usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned
- Gathering insights from Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) to help drive technology and product development
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies. Works with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor's (or equivalent industrialexperiences) / Master's / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cloud technology
- Experience with cloud technology - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with microservices architecture, development, deployment and testing
- Familiarity with container or virtualization technologies
- Understanding of security concepts such as identity management, https certification, identity federation
- Knowledge of RESTful API design and asynchronous and concurrent systems
- Experience with Agile development practices.