Responsible for end to end development and engineering of automation for public cloud resource lifecycles (including deployment, configuration, management, decommissioning, etc) to reduce time and complexity of operations and development tasks. Responsibilities include automation design and deployment to meet performance, budgetary, and security needs and requirements. Works with cloud team and DevOps team to create and maintain automation tool workbench, best practices and standards. Implement IaaS, OS, database, IIS and .NET application and monitoring automation templates. Monitor usage and utilization trends in order to make design and implementation recommendations
Minimum Experience Required
- 7+ years developing in a managedlanguage, or delivering scripting and automation solutions.
- Experience delivering enterprise grade IT solutions with Highly Available / DR recoverable infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud / infrastructure resource automation - AWS Cloud Formation or Azure ARM templates or similar.
- Able to Demonstrate detailed understanding of cloud architecture principles and methods, technology and standards
- Highly motivated by creating business value through the effective use of technology
- Intense drive to conquer a challenge along with a willingness to try, fail and learn from mistakes
- Willingness to debate
- Utilizes research and self-learning to ensure technical credibility
- Understanding of enterprise grade infrastructure components and hybrid cloud connectivity
- Familiar with cloud industry changes in technology standards, information management, development standards, methods and emerging third party software in order to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and construction of automation templates
- Able to create REST clients and work with JSON
- Understanding of cloud architectures and infrastructure as code concepts including both AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of how to provision and configure infrastructure resources with tools like Ansible, chef, puppet, ARM and CloudFormation
- Experience with PowerChell and/or bash
- Familiarity with containerization concepts and platforms along with elastic scaling and solutions|
- Experience with Microsoft VSTS Build/Release management
- Understanding of the release management processes in agile delivery environments
- Understanding of Micro-Service architectures is a plus.
Career ID 2018-4700