The Architect will:
- Provide thought leadership regarding application design, architecture, integration and define highly complex technology-based business solutions
- Learn and understand the intricacies of the existing infrastructure, servers and services
- Participate in documenting business and technical requirements as it relates to cloud providers
- Work with stakeholders and implementation teams (internal and third party) to deploy cloud technologies
- Lead and mentor other team members
- Work with the Project Team to ensure timely delivery of cloud migration as well as establish procedures for ongoing support
- Work closely with analysts, strategists, business users and product management to migrate servers, services and applications to public cloud vendors.
- Produce high level and detailed design documentation. Produce detailed engineering documentation and specifications for implementation. Participate in and develop requests for proposals, scope documents, and statements of work for projects.
- Document related technical requirements. Quantify the impact of business and technical requirements on availability, performance, capacity, resiliency, and design.
- Design and implement new products and solutions to improve performance, service and cost using cloud platforms
- Serve as a SME to diagnose and resolve problems on Windows, Linux, applications and network services in the cloud alongside application owners and team members.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge by maintaining certifications current, attending seminars and through other related activities
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure the quality of coordinated projects and business needs
- Work alongside internal team members, oversee consultants and act as a liaison between IT staff and application owner to ensure project success
- 10+ years' experience of increasing complexity and responsibility in implementation, engineering, design, and architecture roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Cross-functional collaboration with othertechnology teams, including engineering, operations and development groups; works with project team members and otherinternal teams to deliver projects
- Self-motivated and able to grasp new concepts quickly comfortable and confident in an ambiguous environment.
- Migration of infrastructure, data and applications out of legacy data centers into cloud and hybrid environments (public and private)
- Strong CLI and API scripting (Pearl, Python, Power Shell, Bash) and automation skills (Terraform, Puppet, CHEF, DSC, ARM, Cloud Formation)
- Fluency in the associated programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, PowerShell or any otherscripting)
- Experience with migration tools such as CloudEndure, RiverMeadow, CloudScape, ATAData, etc
- Strong knowledge and implementation of configuration management (AWS System Manager, Azure Automation, Puppet, Chef or DSC)
- Experience developing automation solutions and working in a highly automated environment
- Familiarity with databasetechnologies such as MySQL, MS SQL, RDS, Azure Cosmos DB or PostgreSQL
- Experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technologyinfrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering highly desired
- AWS Certifications (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
- Azure Certifications (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Cloud Platform Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
- Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Architect