As a Cloud Architect, you will utilize your strategic, technical and operational experience to drive Cloud Strategy, Governance and Architecture. You will take an active role in the evaluation, operations, development, automation and release of new and existing Cloud-related products. You will be responsible for day to day governance of our Cloud Infrastructure, as well as driving innovation, optimization and delivery of our Cloud solutions. You will also be responsible for working with our internal partners and application development areas in solutioning and driving adoption of Cloud Services.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Serving as the primary Cloud Architect responsible for setting Cloud Standards, Strategy and developing Operational Framework for Cloud Operations and Delivery in a multi Cloud environment.
- Responsible for oversight of cost, performance and SLA commitments with our Cloud providers (Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure).
- Coordinating cloud Architecture, Integration and dependencies with other teams
- Identifying services or workloads that can migrate to the cloud for operational improvement
- Serving as the internal technical point of contact providing valuable, timely, and accurate technical leadership for Cloud services
- Deploy automated infrastructure or applications (PowerShell, VBScript, Python, Java, Node.js, JSON or YAML)
- Utilize automation for ongoing Cloud Resource Optimization including Rightsizing of Cloud resources, identifying and remediating resource waste and optimizing cloud spend.
- Become our "Cloud Champion" to drive adoption within and outside of his/her immediate team
- Responsible for ongoing reporting of Cloud consumption and cost
- Develop and execute on long range technology strategy roadmaps
- Continuously assess current Cloud footprint and market offerings in helping to drive technology decisions, lead POCs of new solutions/capabilities
- Drive and encourage high levels of automation in the Cloud environment.
- Work closely with Global Security to ensure the solutions we're designing and delivering meet data security and compliance requirements.
- Meet with Business Stakeholders, participate in business case development and recommend cloud service solutions
- 7+ years' experience in Cloud architecture.
- 5+ years of GCP/Azure experience designing enterprise solutions in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Experience driving Cloud Migration and ongoing management of Cloud resources in an Enterprise setting
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies, such and Kanban or SCRUM
- Strong understanding of Application Development principles and building CI/CD Pipelines in partnership with Application Development teams.
- Passion for innovation with a track record helping business achieve great outcomes
- Hands-on experience with configuration management solutions (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, other advanced science or engineering field.
- Cloud Architecture certification preferred
- Experience with scripting, Powershell, Python, Java (4 to 5 years minimum)