Success is always in style at TJX! Continue to explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. With over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates in 2016, TJX is an exciting place to grow your career!
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Provides end-to-end management and delivery /technical oversight of the capabilities in assigned domain.
- Works with business partners to understand business priorities and technology gaps.
- Manages a technology portfolio that addresses business and technical needs, achieving ‘On Time’ and ‘On Budget’ targets and customer scope and quality targets.
- Ensures projects are properly sequenced based on business priority, dependencies, and team capacity; assigns resources to projects and other work assignments; manages demand versus capacity gaps and resource contention issues.
- Establishes standards for applicable capabilities, ensuring standards and best practices are published, maintained, and followed.
- Partners with various teams within IT as needed to forge key agreements around solution approaches, operating principles, transition to production, etc.
- Acts as first point of contact for business and technical requests, and an escalation point for issues not resolved at a lower level.
- Maintains a resource plan for all required skills to assure availability of appropriately skilled staff. Addresses gaps and contention issues as needed.
- Manages respective disciplines throughout the lifecycle; identifies areas of opportunity for improvements, simplification, and rationalization; builds and maintains vendor relationships for technology products
- Monitors solution delivery performance metrics, measures, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure quality and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitors performance against domain Service Level Agreement’s (SLAs), and conducts service reviews with business
- Conducts performance appraisals of staff and provides career guidance though regular coaching.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of IT or relevant experience
- 3+ years management experience in people, technology and systems
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure technologies like Servers, Storage, Network, Automation tools (Ansible/Terrsform/vRA), Cloud technology solutions (Azure/Oracle/IBM), etc. including project management, business requirements, performance testing, technologies/platforms, frameworks, and/or other methodologies applicable to assigned domain.
- Recognized thought leader for one or more functional areas, processes or technical capabilities within assigned domain.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct multiple, geographically distributed work groups comprised of disparate skills.
- Strong performance management skills to include coaching, goal setting, holding team members and self-accountable for commitments.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, demanding, and fluid environment; remains calm under pressure, demonstrates excellent conflict management skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work up and down the organization; able to influence others to achieve results.
What's In It For You?
TJX has campuses conveniently located off the Mass Pike and Route 495. With us, you'll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.