We also believe effective teams are powered by diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. To that end, Steampunk is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status, amongst our ranks. Additionally, we participate in the E-Verify program.
Our people are the very core of what we do; their expertise and hunger for new and exciting challenges fuel our relentless pursuit of mission success. As part of our team of “Punks,” you will test the status quo, explore new boundaries, and set the bar high for how government clients expect to engage with contractors.
Because we value our employees’ work/life balance (and believe those who work hard deserve to play hard), we offer a very competitive benefits package, including telework/flex scheduling, health/dental with orthodontics/vision insurance upon hire, paid time off with a sell-back benefit and carryover option, 11 Federal Holidays, 100% paid military leave, 100% 401(k) plan match upon hire, professional development/education reimbursement, all flexible spending accounts, and more.
Steampunk is seeking a Cloud Architect who has substantial proficiency leading the technical aspects of planning, design and execution efforts for infrastructure builds and application migration to the Google Cloud Platform. The Cloud Architect must be able to function independently, interacting with, and supporting customers and technical project management personnel directly. The Cloud Architect will lead efforts in establishing and executing enterprise cloud strategies for our Commercial and Federal customers.
- Educate and help customers implement best practices for migrating to Google Cloud Services and develop solutions to help modernize their application infrastructure. This includes solutions to help automate and manage infrastructure, containerize and migrate applications, and migrate application data. Provide direction on how to tailor the mechanisms used to secure and deploy workloads reliably and safely to production. You should have experience in automating infrastructure deployment (e.g., tools like Terraform, Deployment Manager, or CloudFormation). You should be comfortable with architecting cloud production application environments.
- Support the development and execution of cloud roadmaps and service strategy, including Governance, Licensing, and Policy.
- Architect, deploy, and provide sustaining engineering support for our customer programs.
- Act as a Google Cloud SME and escalation point of contact for customer IT organizations.
- Develop concise and accurate engineering documentation including design plans, implementation guides, knowledge guides, and operating procedures.
- Support the development and maintenance of Project Plans and Schedules, Test Plans, and Acceptance Criteria for implementation of services and capabilities of Google Cloud Services. This planning includes the roadmap and sequencing plan for migration of on-premises services to Google.
- Support the transition to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) teams by providing Policies, SOPs, training guides, and support guides to O&M staff and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of direct experience working with a variety of enterprise and cloud technology systems, designing solutions, or developing business applications.
- Experience migrating infrastructure and applications using Google Cloud Services
- Google Associate Cloud Engineer (or higher) certification
- Experience producing technical assets or writing technical documentation.