SPR guides organizations through digital transformations and rejuvenations, solving real problems for real people. As a strategic digital consultancy, we focus on business outcomes for our clients, helping them make data driven decisions and increase engagement with their customers, partners and employees. We evolve existing platforms and develop new products, and utilize technology to maintain operational effectiveness.
We are technologists at our core and think beyond the math of the 1s and 0s to understand how to reach our human potential using the digital platform. We think about the end users and rigorously and creatively apply the latest technologies and frameworks to address our clients’ needs. To do this, we hire smart technologists and sharp business leaders who are excellent communicators and have an interest in working on multiple projects across industries.
SPR offers a great environment for employees to learn, to build systems that make an impact, and to tackle exciting challenges. With our office’s “Maker Space”, you can explore your IoT side and develop fun projects with 3D printing and CNC machining. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, generous vacation time, big fitness incentives, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
By joining the SPR team, you’ll be using your brain, working hard and making an impact through your projects — and you’ll be rewarded for it.
WHAT IS THE POSITION?
As a member of the Cloud Operations team at SPR, you will be in a client-facing, delivery-focused role. The Cloud Architect is a technical role that is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying cloud solutions for enterprises. You are highly motivated with a solid technical background in AWS, DevOps, Container Orchestration, and Microservice architectures .
- As a Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for evaluating, recommending, and deploying cloud based infrastructure and solutions in alignment with our clients’ business objectives
- Work directly with the devliery and account management teams to educate clients in the benefits of AWS and cloud technologies
- Engage directly with clients to run cloud workshops, strategy sessions, and assist with execution of proof of concepts to ensure clients can successfully leverage AWS
- Develop solutions and technology demonstrations that demonstrate SPR Consulting’s mindshare and expertise in AWS
- Function as a hands-on resource in the development, deployment, and ongoing management of AWS based cloud solutions
- Participate in the development of proposals and business development activities
- Work with the SPR delivery management team on forward-thinking solutions that capitalize on current and future trends for AWS and cloud native systems
- AWS Associate level certification
- Demonstrated experience employing standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures in enterprise IT environments
- Strong technical knowledge of AWS IaaS / PaaS / SaaS based solutions and AWS enterprise integration services
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Demonstrated skills presenting complex analytic topics in client facing situations
- You can expertly apply modern development practices and design patterns to cloud infrastructure
- You have demonstrated responsibility for the full project life-cycle
- You can translate high-level project requirements into an application architecture and collaborate with teammates to implement that architecture
- You have extensive experience with automated testing, CI/CD pipelines, and DevOps processes for integration, deployment, and monitoring services
- Excellent grasp of the cloud native landscape, trends, and emerging technologies
Kubernetes / Hybrid Cloud
- Kubernetes: create clusters, decommission clusters, configure clusters, assist dev and DevOps teams deploying to clusters
- Stand-alone and via AKS or EKS
- Security: Kubernetes, Docker, Linux kernel
- Configuration and Secrets: Consul, Vault
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, GitOps
- Service Mesh: Linkerd, Envoy (AWS App Mesh), Istio
- OpenShift (nice to have)
- Observability: logging, monitoring, distributed tracing, Prometheus
- ECS, Fargate, ECR, AWS App Mesh
- API Gateway, ALB
- EC2, VPC, Auto-Scaling
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform or CloudFormation, GitOps
- Configuration and Secrets: AWS Secrets Manager, Systems Manager Parameter Store, AWS Certificate Manager
- Storage: RDS, Aurora Serverless, DynamoDB
- Observability: CloudWatch, X-Ray
- AWS Professional or Specialty certification
- Experience implementing real-time cloud management and monitoring tools
- Strong scripting experience in any of the following: PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash/zsh
- Experience with any Server configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Airflow) a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree level qualification desirable but suitable professional experience will be considered
- The candidate will have 2+ years of hands on cloud or DevOps experience
- The candidate should have 5–7+ years of relevant experience in DevOps, web apps, virtualization, networking, or datacenter technologies.