We are looking for Cloud Architect - Remote / Telecommute for our client in ?Houston, TX / Chicago, IL
Job Title: Cloud Architect - Remote / Telecommute
Job Location: Houston, TX / Chicago, IL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- TechnologyInfrastructure, Architecture, InfoSec, Service Management Technologies, AWS - EC2 / S3, Azure, Google Cloud, Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the roadmap for Cloud Architecture and Services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, ITaaS, etc)
- Aligns IT architecture and Cloud solutions with the project?s business goals and objectives
- Seamlessly integrates business and service strategy into enterprise architecture roadmap
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions
- Leads and executes the design and modeling of tactical architectures for delivery, development, and support of projects
- Partners with Cloud architects and other engineers to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable architectural solution
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company
- Promotes the use of a shared infrastructure and application roadmap to reduce costs and improve how information flows
- Participate in the service and solutions development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are implemented and transitioned to Operations
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure foundational platform.
- Conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in AWS / Azure.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes.
Skills and Experience:
- 9 + years Professional experience in TechnologyInfrastructure, Architecture, InfoSec, Service Management Technologies
- 7+ years using cloud based technologies (AWS - EC2 / S3, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Ability to ?think big? and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype
- Strong Cloud and Technical skills
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing Cloud architecture/services.
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity and Ability to handle concurrent assignments.
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate Cloud IT standards to meet business requirements
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Fluent in English