$80K — $100K *
PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. We believe work is much more meaningful when you're doing it with a higher purpose. For more information on PointClickCare,
Meet the Role:
Have you ever wanted to be at the founding stages of defining and building a whole new large-scale SaaS platform? Does finding solutions to complex issues and concurrently figuring out if it can also scale and perform not only have you curious - but drives that passion in you as an Architect?
Operating in an Agile environment, you will be helping to design and build the coded environment for our Azure Cloud Infrastructure for our System of Intelligence Data pipeline and Service Oriented Platform.
· While not a management role, it will include technical management in designing the what and how of implementing in our Azure environment and working collaboratively with Software Engineering and our site reliability engineering teams.
· We are primarily interested in experience in Azure Cloud architecture, but experience with AWS, GCP and other private cloud or on-perm environments will be an asset.
· Time permitting, debate Star Wars versus Star Trek.
Meet the Team:
The Product Engineering team is our largest business unit yet, and we are on a journey to evolve into a World Class Organization. Although the management style may vary depending on who you will report to, there is a foundational approach that we live and breathe every day. These are the behaviors that are critical to us:
We work in the open
We set public deadlines with concrete deliverable
We make evidence driven assessments
We learn from our mistakes
Meet Your Colleague:
Meet Allan: Allan has been working for PointClickCare for about 2 years. As Cloud expert, there’s a lot of opportunity to collaborate and learn cross multiple teams. What keeps him motivated, is the opportunity to build complex solutions that make a great impact on people, while working for seniors who really care about their people.
About You (List the skill experience):
· We’re looking for someone with solid experience with Cloud technologies; Things like Kubernetes, Docker, Containers, Istio service mesh, Auto-scale, HA, DR, AppDynamics, Monitoring and alerting, Logging infrastructure, Elastic Search, Kibana ELK, Data retention policies and Archival storage.
· SQL and NoSql databases particularly Azure SQL Database, replication, backup and restore, Redis, clustering, sharding performance monitoring and analysis.
· Application Gateway, WAF, NSG, VPNs, ExpressRoute, Networking and DNS,
· DevOps skills with: Terraform, Helm charts, Ansible and Jenkins
· We also really like candidates that have a good understanding of Enterprise Design patterns.
· For the education requirements, we’re looking to hire someone with a Degree or Diploma in Computer/Software Engineering, but relevant experience works too!
Grow with Us:
· Let’s start by mentioning that in the last year, company-wide, there were over 160 employees who have moved into a new role.
· Many of our open jobs in Engineering are filled with internal employees. A Cloud Architect will typically progress to a Sr Architect or Manager which could run towards Director of Architecture. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
· We’re huge on professional development, and so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course being offered.
· Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training (Within Engineering, there is ongoing peer-to-peer training, and we frequently have needs-based technical training that happens for teams or individuals. Almost forgot to mention Safari Online and Pluralsight memberships as requested to help with technical development as well!) on new SW technologies, project management, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking / presentation skills to name a few.
Valid through: 8/27/2020
$130K — $180K + $39K — $54K bonus
2 days ago