% of Time
Administration & Troubleshooting
- Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots operating systems and software.
- Provides administration of systems.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Develops and documents system standards and/or configurations for computer systems.
Monitoring & Maintenance
- Recommend and schedule maintenance activities.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email.
- Coordinate system development tasks to include design, integration and formal testing.
- Follow established change control process and oversee transitions from test into production.
- Develop and complete actions in system specifications, technical and logistical requirements and other disciplines.
Project Mgmt & Process Improvement
- Prepare project status reports for management and stakeholders
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution
- Manage the implementation of system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle
Education & Experience
Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience and certifications required for the job
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an information technology related field or equivalent years of IT Experience
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE, Cloud platform & Infrastructure); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- 7+ years’ experience in an IT role
- 5+ years’ experience as a Windows Systems Engineer, familiar with all aspects of the Microsoft Product suite
- Microsoft Azure, Office 365 Architectures, Migrations, & support
- Email routing & hosting architectures
- Integrating secure, multifactor, SSO, and PKI based authentication architectures to support various software platforms
- Amazon Web Services Administration
- Active Directory experience in Windows 2008/2012 etc. in large scale enterprise with over 1,000 users
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 etc. and BackOffice application suite.
- Experience with configuration of forest and domain level GPO's and file level security
- Experience with VM-Ware ESX Server and Virtual Center.
- Experience with large scale email/active directory migration/integration/consolidation efforts in a global environment
Proficiency in a body of information required for the job
e.g. knowledge of FDA regulations, GMP/GLP/GCP, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, etc.
- Broad knowledge of industry standard platforms desirable including Azure, AWS, Box.net, OKTA, Mimecast, Office 365, MS Intune, Windows client and Windows server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint, App-V, SQL Server, Red Hat Linux, MySQL, Citrix, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with different server operating platforms.
- Working knowledge of Internet email (smtp, mx records troubleshooting)
- Working knowledge of DNS, Internet Infrastructure, and IP informational tools
Often referred to as “competencies”, leadership attributes, skills, abilities or behaviors that may be enterprise, functional or job specific e.g. coaching, negotiation, calibration, technical writing etc.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse professional atmosphere
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to communicate orally and present written information in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to multitask and work independently as well as serve in a leadership role when necessary.
- Ability to develop strategic technical documentation and written communications relative to field of expertise (white papers, standards documents, standard operating procedures).
- Ability to respond to issues and concerns 24 hours a day; ability to work additional hours; and flexibility to travel, domestically and internationally 10% of time with periods in excess of three weeks.
- Demonstrated presentation skills; demonstrated planning and organizational skills/knowledge.
- Ability to project manage multiple work streams
Physical & mental requirements e.g. lift 40 pounds, walk across plant/warehouse, business travel (% of time), driving as part of work responsibilities, etc.
- Business Travel (20%)