Our client is a leading global investment firm, managing a wide range of investment funds worldwide across multiple asset classes.
They are currently looking for a highly experienced Cloud Architect in New York, in the context of a redesign of the company’s internal services and their deployment either to a public cloud or to a hybrid solution including bare metal servers.
You will serve as the ultimate point of authority with regards to cloud-based decisions, so this role requires someone with experience evaluating an entire range of applications within a shared application environment, able to determine which applications should be migrated or distributed as well as provide best-practice guidance during the migration process.
- Re-architecture of the internal application environment and software components, with an emphasis on migrating services to the cloud
- Defining cloud-based architectures, defining the blueprint of the migration efforts
- Driving the company’s cloud data strategy, combining high availability with security
- Defining automation and automation of cloud infrastructure strategy, using AWS native tools, open source, and 3rd party products
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a STEM field
- 5+ years’ experience working in Application Development or DevOps within a distributed cloud infrastructure
2 or more years’ experience working hands-on with AWS, deploying applications and software components
- Experienceworking with configuration and automation tools like Chef, Salt, Ansible or Puppet
- Strong Python skills
- Experience with establishment of availability monitoring and performance management infrastructure
- Experience with AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline and AWS Lambda
- Familiar with monitoring applications in the cloud using AWS CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Lambda and 3rd party vendor tools.