Nerdery is looking for a Cloud Architect to join our Phoenix Nerd team. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, always learning and willing to expand their horizons. Most importantly, they embrace Nerdery’s unique culture by sharing their knowledge and experience with our 200+ developer team. Conversely, they would be humbly ready to absorb Nerdery goodness from the collective brain power of our amazing team.
What you'll do:
- Work with our clients to architect, design, and deliver systems for complex custom projects using the latest cloud platforms
- Ensure proper integration between software applications and infrastructurearchitecture
- Ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security and supportability
- Act as a client facing leader focusing on Cloud platform and services implementation
- Architect AWS cloud environments from inception through production
What you'll have:
- Minimum 2 years' recent hands-on experience with AWS and 5+ years in IT or IT consulting roles.
- One or more AWS certifications or ability to pass one within first three months, with preference on Solutions Architect Professional cert.
- Robust understanding of resilient, highly available application architectures on AWS.
- Experience architecting an entire cloud environment including account structure and network controls such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), subnets, and security groups, not just a single workload
- Strong software engineering background with heterogeneous infrastructure automation experience.
- Experience with at least one cloud orchestration tool such as Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically with clients to understand business needs and create technical solutions in a problem-solving environment.
Big bonus if you have:
- Experience architecting and designing cloud-native and microservice applications leveraging Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and/or serverless Function-as-a-Service (FaaS)
- Experience within highly regulated environments (i.e., healthcare, government, etc)
- Expertise with third party CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, Travis)