The newly formed I/S Cloud Infrastructure team is an exciting, high performance team focused on delivering results, expanding their knowledge and building the framework for the company to work in a multi-cloud world, interacting with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure as well as our on-premise Cloud.
The Cloud Architect will lead the design and development of AWS hybrid cloud integration and will directly contribute to the overall enterprise cloud first target architecture. The Cloud Architect will serve as the central point of contact for the Cloud Infrastructure team for matters related to AWS cloud administration and services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS). Knowledge of Microsoft Azure is a plus. Design, create, configure and deliver cloud infrastructure environments using best practices and a proactive strategy. The function of the role will include all technological aspects associated with cloud computing technology stack including: architecture, security, design, planning, management, maintenance and support. The scope of the role includes the extensive knowledge of private, public, and hybrid cloud models, with an emphasis on AWS.
- Represents the Cloud Infrastructure team in development and implementation of the overall enterprise cloud first target architecture. Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for the Cloud Infrastructure team while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout the firm in design and implementation of AWS cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions. Works with Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure Services, Enterprise Security and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and develop cloud standards.
- Leads training and technical forums, serves as both a formal and informal mentor, and executes other initiatives designed to share AWS knowledge across Technology teams.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- To fit on this team, you must be:
- Team player – You must passionately believe we all win or lose together.
- Adaptable – A can do personality with a proven ability to adapt to new technology.
- Innovative – An obsession for learning and improving the way we do our jobs in IT.
- Leader – Someone who like being accountable, making things happen and enjoys enriching the skills of others.
- Communicative – Ability to articulate ideas & communicate them to technical & non-technical audiences.
- 2+ years of experience designing and supporting AWS environments.
- AWS certification - – Associate/Professional Solution Architect
- Architecting application designs using AWS Services (experience with other leading cloud providers is a plus)
- Building, migrating and testing AWS environments and integration with other providers
- Integration with on premise applications, cloud providers or other platforms
- Implementing cost optimized solutions (based on usage, business requirements and budget)
- Defining automation and management of cloud infrastructure using AWS native tools, open source tools, and third party products
- Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services
- Setting up and supporting network requirements within AWS
- Creating scripts using AWS API and AWS CLI
- Experience/Knowledge of AWS Connect and related services
- Experience with Linux and/or windows based OS including virtual machines like AMI, Redhat, SUSE or Windows Server
- Experience with API and Gateway functions like Lambda and API Gateway (or equivalent)
- Degree in a Computer Science or Engineering field, with 7 or more years of professional experience with exposure to Application Development, DevOps, and System Administration.
- Experience in automation tools such Chef, Puppet, bash, Docker, Ansible, VMware vCloud suite: vRealize Automation/vRealize Orchestration, VMware NSX
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus