HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
This position can be based in Chicago, IL or Downers Grove, IL
HAVI is looking for an experienced coder with amazing interpersonal skills, who has broad experience designing and building applications native to Microsoft Azure and / or AWS. The Cloud Architect, based in either Downers Grove or Chicago, will lead, inspire, and inform development of both internal and customer facing cloud-native applications. This is an important architectural leadership role, with the opportunity to engage across HAVI service lines and development teams. The Architect will be working with large volumes of data, and helping to build tools that directly impact our and our clients’ bottom lines.
- Create and maintain reference architectures for various types of cloud-native applications
- Provide architectural and development oversight across multiple teams
- Work with “Big Data,” determining how information flows through and beyond our organization
- Mentor developers both senior and junior
- Collaborate with product owners, service line leadership, fellow architects, and the Governance team
- Write code when necessary, to solve our toughest problems and help set the standard for engineering excellence
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2-3years minimum architecting and designing applications for Microsoft Azure and / or AWS
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment, and designing and building code management strategies and deployment pipelines, testing frameworks, and surrounding orchestration
- Significant .NET experience is required, Python experience is desirable
- Exposure to Big Data problem sets and solutions including Hadoop, Data Lakes, Azure Data Factory and other ELT tools, etc.
- Solid foundation in “infrastructure,” including networking, hosting models, redundancy, paralellization, and infrastructure automation tools such as Chef, Terraform, and others
- Experience leading within an Agile framework is required, exposure to other project management methodologies is a big plus
- Recent consulting experience, dealing with multiple clients and projects across multiple industry verticals