Fortinet is seeking a Cloud Architect supporting Public Cloud. As a part of the Public Cloud Sales team, this role will provide agile development toward enhancing Fortinet’s ability to deliver Public Cloud products and services. The position will work closely with Product Management and Development, Field Sales teams, and customers to deliver lightweight service enhancements leveraging core Public Cloud capabilities. Public Clouds include AWS, Azure, Oracle OCI, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance on Public Cloud matters to internal stakeholders
- Develop simple to complex scripts leveraging Cloud Service Provider (CSP) capabilities
- Document and maintain script and application libraries or repositories
- Provide technical guidance on Public Cloud integration and development, ex. the use of CSP APIs and how they can be leveraged
- Translate business requirements to programmatic logic
- Conduct proof of concepts
- Support Professional Services activities
- Develop customer-facing documentation
- Lead training activities for internal and external partners and customers
- Create reference designs and code that applies CSP best practices
- Advise Product and field Engineering on solution options, feature requirements, and reference designs.
- 5+ years of development and/or scriptingexperience with a major language.
- Strong capabilities in one or more of Python, Node.js, C#, C++, C, Ruby, Perl
- Ability to use data structures such as yaml, XML, JSON
- Cloud development experience highly desired with 2-3 using any of AWS, Azure, Oracle OCI, or Google GCP
- Familiarity with orchestration tools (ex. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, puppet, Lambda)
- 2 -3 years of experience in the design and implementation of Public Cloud services
- 5+ years of experience using cloud tools (ex. Git, AWS Dev tools, Docker)
- Experience in networksecurity highly desired, including VPN, Proxies, Authentication, etc.
- Technical writing and network documentation skills highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiencerequired
- MBA preferred