Footlocker Inc is currently recruiting for a Cloud Architect, to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible team, building innovative solutions catering to our global business. This position will be based in Milwaukee, WI, Chicago, IL or Bradenton, FL.
Foot Locker is a leading global athletic footwear and apparel retailer, catering to the sneaker enthusiast and youth culture - If it’s at Foot Locker, it’s #Approved. Our brick and mortar and online stores offer the latest in athletically-inspired footwear and apparel, manufactured primarily by the leading athletic brands. Foot Locker provides the best selection of premium products for a wide variety of activities, including basketball, running, and training. Foot Locker’s 1,835 brick and mortar stores are located in 23 countries. In addition, our online presence through apps, webstore and digitalexperiences helps us engage our customers at all times.
The Cloud Platform Architect will work as a part of the Footlocker enterprise architecture team to help lead the deployment and operations of a robust network topology in an enterprise hybrid cloud environment. A high degree of ownership, interaction, and teamwork is required to be effective in this role. The platform Architect is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with the Foot Locker development and infrastructure organization.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, test, install, documentation, implement and support complex solutions in cloud environments (Azure and Private cloud)
- Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to design and operate networks to support ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services
- Intimately familiar with Compute, Storage, HCI frameworks to be able to drive the design of next gen platform
- Good background in Virtual machines, Backups, managing and securing the same in a hybrid cloud environment
- Good knowledge of the application design patterns to be able to map to “Cloud Aware” architecture
- Work withSecurity teams early in design phases to ensure solutions comply with PCI/SOX/GDPR security policies
- Participate in the creation of a DevOps-enabled automated CI/CD solution that delivers tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations
- Collaborate with development, operations, and infrastructure teams to develop sound automation solutions. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle
- Demonstrate good judgment, identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions
- Bachelors Degree in Computer science or related field
- 10+ or more years of related information technologyexperience
- Demonstrated experience in network design and operations of enterprise systems
- 2-5years of strong experience directly related to cloud computing (Azure, AWS and HCI)
- At least one large scale implementation of SD-WAN solution
- Microsoft certifications MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect certification and/or MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience with the ScrumAgile methodology
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.