About the role:
Reporting to the Financial Messaging Services (FMS) Technology Operations the Azure Architect and Engineer will possess hands-on experience with designing, architecting, implementing, administration and customization of FMS Azure Environments and will be responsible for the design, architecture maintenance, support and operations of FMS Azure Data centers. The candidate should be experienced in working in a diverse development environment supporting an enterprise operations and will provide technical insight in designing and supporting FMS Azure Infra and Operations while aligning to Finastra best practices. The role will also be responsible for designing, planning, coordinating & implementing IaaS, PaaS based solutions
What you'll do
- Communicate regularly both orally and in writing at various levels to include management, and other engineers and developers
- Focus on designing, architecting, implementing and operationalizing cloud infra solutions that are highly available and resilient by utilizing best practices in systems engineering, network engineering, and multi-region design strategies
- Partner with multiple business and application teams to provide guidance and patterns for building and deploying cloud infrastructure, both PaaS and IaaS
- Partner with the Cyber Security team to ensure that cloud environments and patterns meet Finastra security standards
- Perform configuration, troubleshooting, and ongoing management of various cloud technologies
- Build Azure infrastructure, networks, and systems for scalability, resiliency, availability, and recovery though infrastructure-as-code
- Help develop our self-service and automated tooling help applications team move fast, yet provide the guardrails to ensure the quality and security of our systems
- You will stay on top of industry trends and best practices to continually improve what we do, how we do it and ensure our internal customer experience is always improving
What you'll need:
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design, build and deployment, including private and public cloud, networking, connectivity, storage, virtualization and access control
- Implementation of Azure networking for enterprise organizations, building of hybrid environments to span existing customer networks and Azure
- Demonstrable experience with a large range of Azure cloud capabilities including but not limited to storage, key vaults, virtual networking, web apps AAD, virtual machines, access management and automated deployments
- Demonstrable experience building and deploying resilient Azure cloud architectures
- Demonstrable experience creating and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Team City or Azure DevOps
- Demonstrable experience support Windows or Linux OS
- Demonstrable experience with software development preferably with one or more of PowerShell, Python, C#
- Solid working knowledge of Windows and/or Red Hat would be required
- Hands on experience with Azure IaaS
- Experience with Azure Portal Navigation and How Security Works with Users and Groups
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager and Azure Marketplace
- Understanding of creating resources using ARM, ie Virtual Networks, Security Groups, Availability Sets, Load Balancers, Virtual Machines, Storage
- Visual Studio JSON – Specifically Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates is a must
- Azure Monitor
- Knowledge of security tools like Defender ATP, Qualys, CyberArk, SIEM, are plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current Microsoft Certification or be able to show proof of working towards obtaining one in the near future.
- Understand that we are here to help our customers succeed and possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude with a strong commitment to customer support.
- Experience designing and building Azure virtual data centers including ARM templates, network architecture, perimeter security, and ASR.
- Experience building Azure governance including subscription design, resource groups, and RBAC policies.