Cloud Architect - Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes
$180K - $200K
Posted on 10/07/17 by Alex Kramer
West Chester, PA
8 - 10 years experience
$180K - $200K
Posted on 10/07/17 Alex Kramer
- The Cloud Platform Engineering team delivers the tools and technologies that power our industry-leading private cloud, and provides solutions to accelerate development of cloud-based products and services.
- Our services include IaaS (VMWare, Openstack, and home-grown automation), PaaS (Cloud Foundry), as well as emerging container and orchestration technologies.
- Our infrastructure consists of tens of thousands of virtual machines and containers.
- Our growth rates are exponential and we support thousands of customers.
- Within our walls, we are a direct competitor to the top public cloud providers.
- We are seeking a Cloud Architect with a broad technical background and well developed business acumen to help us develop our next generation cloud platforms.
- Participate on a DevOps infrastructure team, develop our next-gen private cloud platforms- Cloud Foundry, Container as a Service (Docker, Kubernetes, others), Openstack, and VMWare vSphere.
- Create automation, employ open source software, interact with API's, and enable CI/CD to create new cloud features, harvest/visualize metrics, monitor health/performance/capacity, etc.
- Partner with product and development teams to provide education and design consultation.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and proven track record of execution and delivery.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently and in a virtual team setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to adjust the messaging based on the audience.
- Cloud building blocks - Data center, compute, storage, network, tools & automation.
- Platform design, implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (major in Cloud Foundry, Openstack, Docker, and Kubernetes minor in VMWare, AWS, and Azure).
- Solid Linux experience, experience with DevOps tooling such as Puppet, Ansible, BOSH, Concourse.
- Software development using Python, PowerShell, GoLang
- Innovating with open source software to create production services.
- Understanding of modern data platforms such as MongoDB, InfluxDB, and Hadoop.
- Broad knowledge in systems telemetry and monitoring (Telegraf, Nagios, ELK, Grafana, AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.).
- Understanding of cloud application design principles.
- Experience influencing application modernization and migration to cloud platforms.