PCM is one of the fastest-growing value added direct marketers of technology solutions for business, government and educational institutions as well as consumers. We’ve built an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continually changing with the needs of industry. Our rapid growth and expansion has created numerous career and advancement opportunities.
Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCM, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added direct marketer of technology products, services and solutions to businesses, government, education, and individual consumers. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, and 1500 others, PCM offers product and service solutions through field sales, call center, and eCommerce venues. With annual sales of $1.5B+ , 3000 employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM delights in serving small, medium and enterprise level businesses.
PCM is currently hiring an AWS Architect to joing our team! We are looking for advanced talent with at least an AWS architect associate certification. We need at least 10 years of experience in IT infrastructure and strong cloud based skills. Come join us!
- Provide recommendations with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for AWS adoption.
- Create functional design specifications, reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Collaborate with other project teams on technical solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Well versed in building product-quality software on AWS including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
- Familiar with various application stacks such as Java, C#, .Net, etc.
- Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following:
- AWS apps technologies such as RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, DynamoDB, RedShift
- AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53,
- Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
- Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
- Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface).
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and AWS certification in any of the following: Developer or Systems Ops.
Additional Technical Requirements:
- DynamoDB: 1year
- RESTful/SOAP services: 1year
- Java or C# or .Net: 1year
- ElasticBeanstalk: 1year
- AWS console and CLI: 1year
- RDS: 1year
- ELB: 1year
- SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies: 1year
- Multi-zone and multi-region architectures: 1year