- Developing migration strategies to maximize benefits for cloud-based infrastructure including Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service.
- Generating cloud migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
- Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies and common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
- Architecting cloud-based solutions for application clusters and technology patterns.
- Collaborating with application teams and managed services partners to build and execute plans for migrating applications to the cloud.
- Collaborating with internal infrastructuresupport teams on Commercial Insurance requirements for public and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration.
- Ensuring the consistent application of the company’s technology processes, methodologies and governance.
- Staying abreast of new technology offerings across the public cloud industry.
- This position reports directly to the Global Head of Technical Architecture for AIG Commercial Insurance.
- 8+ years experience in systems development including in the design of component- and/or service-based systems/applications, preferably in Java; .NET is beneficial.Insurance or financial services experiencepreferred but not required.
- Hands-on experience deploying applications to public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability, and auto scaling across availability zones.
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with containerization technology (e.g. Docker) and orchestration tools (e.g. ECS, Kubernetes)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field preferred.