$150K — $200K *
The Cloud Architect leads planning, design, and engineering for infrastructure and platforms related to cloud solutions for various business partners. Work closely with architects around Federal Reserve System and business / product owners to understand and advance the strategy to enable adoption / migration of customer applications. Provide guidance and expertise to facilitate product integration with enterprise standards / patterns.
What You Will Do:
• Develop architecture based on business requirements and/or cloud service providers enhancements
• Provide expert level design and operational practices for a cloud service provider (s)
• Partner with business lines to help guide cloud adaption and digital transformation
• Develop automation for cloud-based infrastructure
• Understand inherited risks related to automation, cloud and SaaS providers
• Support Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) efforts to ensure adherence to CI/CD principles
• Maintain working relationships with peers and business partners and communicate with key executives and stakeholders on successes, opportunities, and challenges
• Work with the team of highly motivated and skilled professionals to solve business critical challenges
• Embrace the System IT Principles, to guide daily decisions and strategic decision-making processes
• Occasional to frequent travel may be required including overnight stays.
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline or the equivalent is required. Cloud Architect certifications are preferred.
• 10+ years of technical area experience in a complex enterprise IT environment, for large-scale systems across multiple hardware and software platforms.
• At least 4 years of experience in cloud architecture and emerging technologies.
• In-depth knowledge of cloud providers pillars of the well-architected framework
• In-depth knowledge of industry leading CI/CD orchestration toolchain
• DevOps / Automation: TerraForm, Ansible, Cloud native declarative languages
• In-depth knowledge of cloud networking
• Identity management, security monitoring, compliance frameworks, and deep understanding of core security concepts and processes as it relates to securing Cloud technologies
• Progressive leadership experience with responsibility for leading technical staff and matrixed teams within large mission-critical systems with complex network requirements, or the equivalent required.
• Experience implementing security for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions in a public or government cloud environment. Deep understanding of cloud security capabilities and gaps.
• Experience learning, sharing, and implementing best practices with the ability to determine operational processes, implement DevSecOps, DevOps, and deployment checklists
• Understanding of FedRAMP requirements and cloud-based security controls
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
• Great medical benefits
• Pension and 401(k) with employer match
• Generous paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee resource networks
• Paid volunteer leave
• Flexible work options
• Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Valid through: 11/30/2020