SAIC is seeking an Applications Architects to serve as the lead technical resource providing strategic oversight and planning for applications architecture and design. The position will focus on gathering requirements, analyzing business processes, identification of software solutions to meet customer requirements and managing the establishments of such applications in C2S (AWS). Focus on Project management, infrastructure and cloud migration and be future oriented. This position will also assign technical experts for all major project reviews; monitor trends in system architecture and software development and engineering; and recommend training in software development technologies.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Provide updates and patches for application, troubleshoot errors and ensure no disruption in connectivity and services.
- Coordinate the development of new software system applications
- Provide technical expertise in software architecture
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Document and design software specifications for software engineers
- Produce software prototypes to demonstrate application of design.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information, and that the instructions are correct.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, and network connectivity, other systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Lead development of system prototypes to demonstrate application of design principles.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Develops metadata structures including dictionaries, taxonomies and ontologies.
- Provide database architectural and design capabilities
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI clearance with FSP polygraph or CI willing to get FSP
- Possess knowledge on software installation of programs, coding, and/or scripting skills
- Experience with AWS and or C2S applications
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- Batch command-line
- MSI and MSIX (Windows Installer)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Experience within the IC community