At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
· At least 5 of years of experience delivering technology solutions to Oil & Gas global customers to enable technologies and cloud services
· BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
· 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
· Exposure to Agile development methodologies
· Good experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms
· Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
· Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
· Continuous Integration (CI) tools (e.g. Jenkins)
· Configuration Management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
· Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
· Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc
· Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
· Blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design