What you will do:
This is a senior level engineer position that will lead API and Microservices management, development, administration on Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform. You will apply previous experience in designing API specifications, standards, security and managing API lifecycle as well as applying excellent communication and written skills.
- Design, develop and maintain Microservices and API components.
- Configure and administer Microsoft Azure API Mgmt. Gateway, Service Fabric, Kubernetes frameworks.
- Design services based on different standards for REST, Data integration techniques, Eventing, Messaging, and Transformation engines and downstream platforms and services (APIs).
- Present architecture and design to necessary stakeholders, as required.
- Maintain working knowledge of API management platforms and API related activities; requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture.
- Maintain knowledge of API design standards, patterns, and best practices.
- Document/generate API specifications for multiple consumers and make sure that integration is seamless across the board.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Middleware Development teams to identify and execute overall architecture
- Drive solution development through requirements gathering, analysis, discovery, business plan creation, and solution level of effort estimates
- Create end-to-end integration solutions development for enterprise software or hosted high tech services.
- Maintain working knowledge of API security standards and implementation (Oauth 2.0, OpenID, JSON, Web Token); Maintain knowledge of API security certification, authentication, authorization, IP security setup, and endpoint configuration
- Provide 3rd tier support for production systems.
- Provide general guidance and mentoring for team members on designing and implementing integration solutions based on middleware platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree is preferred.
- 8 years of experience in application development.
- 4+ years of extensive experience in configuration and administration of MS Azure or similar platform
- 2+ years of experience in designing standards based API specifications and managing API lifecycle using Swagger or related tools