Job ID: JR0187148
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Santa Clara, CA US
Other Locations: US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, California, San Jose;US, Oregon, Portland;Virtual US and Canada
Job Type: Experienced HireCloud and Enterprise Software Enabling EngineerJob Description
Are you interested in working with cloud disruptors and strategic partners to deliver amazing performance on Intel architecture?
We are looking for software systems engineers with skills in software and hardware to work on software application stacks. If you enjoy innovation, navigating complex solutions, and working with both partners and customers, then this is the role for you. In this role, you will analyze and optimize software stacks by working with disruptive ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) and strategic partners by both optimizing their applications as well as making sure that any underlying subcomponent (framework, cloud software service/infrastructure, database, or opensource) is effectively optimized on Intel Architecture (IA).
This position requires expertise in software engineering and optimization/development skills of re-architecting applications for performance. Development of innovative algorithms on IA is encouraged and the ability to implement and prove them on upcoming new hardware and in large computing environments for best performance. You will have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate with senior engineers on leading-edge technologies both from within Intel as well as with some of the most disruptive ISVs in the cloud ecosystem.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with one or more industry partners (independent software vendors, cloud software infrastructure partners, cloud service providers, end-customers) to understand and enable Intel technologies in the software stacks to optimize performance and demonstrate differentiation.
- Assess the applicability of Intel product features to the software stack under consideration.
- Prototype code to support Intel features in the software stack.
- Optimize the implementation to realize the full potential of Intel features.
- Contribute code upstream in open source or influence ISV's (Independent Software Vendors) to adopt it.
- Drive innovation through a deep understanding of workloads and explore use cases for Intel platform/technologies.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Team player, with a demonstrated experience technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, and technical writing skills.
- Curiosity and strong interest in trying new technologies and approaches.
In this position, you will gain invaluable experience that will allow growth and expanded opportunities across Intel.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum education requirements and minimum required qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Additional preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience or,
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 2 years of industry work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 3 plus years of experience in computer architecture to including multiprocessor experience.
- 3 plus years of programming experience in C/C++, Java, etc.
- 2 plus years of experience in Linux operating system.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Inside this Business Group
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field.
- Experience in concepts of performance engineering and system-level analysis.
- Experience in cloud software stacks, database architecture (relational or NoSQL), virtualization, and containers.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.Other Locations
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, California, San Jose;US, Oregon, Portland;Virtual US and CanadaPosting Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here
USExperienced HireJR0187148Santa ClaraData Center Group