Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in thefinancial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. Wewant ourassociates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special?Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Closing Manager has responsibility for ensuring their team members close all loan transactions in accordance to company policy. This role is responsible for managing a core group of Closing Specialists and Sr. Closing Specialists by overseeing day-to-day operations, ensuring superior customer service and compliance with policies, procedures and regulations. The Closing Team Lead is responsible for overseeing a team of employees in an environment performing functions at a high level of complexity, risk, and technology.
- Maintain a customer focused discipline throughout execution of daily responsibilities.
- Perform side-by-side observations and daily huddles to ensure all team members are performing at their highest potential.
- Deliver consistent training throughout the team to continually increase knowledge and overall productivity.
- Ensure service level agreements and/or standard work flows are consistently used by respective team.
- Respond to and resolve all escalated issues raised by internal and external customers ensuring processes are in place to mitigate future escalations and potential risk.
- Utilize training, performance assessment, coaching, and project management best practices to lead and manage team to successfully achieve goals.
- Develop effective plans that enable all areas of the Closing Operations team to meet and/or exceed performance targets and service level agreements.
- Manage a daily pipeline to ensure goals are met and coach to improve.
- Manage skill development and career progression plans for all members of assigned team.
- Deliver consistent training throughout the team to continually increase knowledge.
- Motivate respective team to exceed service levels by fostering an environment of continuous process improvement
- Act in full compliance with HPFC policy and external regulations.
- Monitor and ensure team member adhere to Mortgage Operation’s procedures.
- Adhere to all required lending policies, procedures and standards.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with HPFC policy for the prevention of loss due to fraud.
- Maintain the confidentiality of customer and HPFC information ensuring compliance with policies & procedures.
- Other: As required, participate on special projects that have a direct impact to HPFC Operations.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years in a Closing leadership environment.
- 6+ years previous Lending experience.
- Expert knowledge of consumer real estate lending products, regulatory compliance, closing functions and underwriting guidelines.
- In-depth pipeline management experiencerequired.
- In-depth knowledge of title requirements to assure priority lien.
- Expert knowledge of all RESPA, Regulation X and Regulation Z guidelines and HUD requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of state specific requirements related to residential mortgages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, logic and reasoning.
- Planning, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent leadership skills and customer service orientation.
- Proven change management experience.
- Strong computer skills including enterprise applications, email and PC Software packages.
- Ability to meet internal and external expectations working under tight timelines.
Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.