The Division of General Internal Medicine & Geriatrics is actively building an integrated team practice model for delivering high quality medical care and service to the patients we serve, including transitional care of hospitalized patients. Our practice also includes innovative models for delivering structured care to populations of patients with chronic conditions. Our practice is recognized by the State of Oregon as a Tier 4 Patient Centered Primary Care Home and a Comprehensive Primary Care Plus clinic site.
Function/Duties of Position
- Serve as a Primary care clinician in the Faculty Practice (to include continuity care, as well as interim or same day care)
- Opportunities to care for inpatient general Medicine patients
- Participate in clinical based teaching of OHSU students and internal medicine residents, such as resident continuity clinic precepting
- Faculty in the Division of General Internal Medicine & Geriatrics participate actively in teaching medical students, residents, fellows, and each other. Opportunities for teaching abound and participation is encouraged and valued.
- The faculty member will be expected to participate in continuing education, professional and faculty development and scholarship, as directed by his or her department.
Compensation for this position will include a base academic salary, paid through the academic department, plus a clinical salary from an incentive system based on the success and productivity for their clinical work at OHSU campus, as well as personal initiative.
- MD or DO
- Candidates with an interest in and experience with chronic care models of health care, coordination of care of complex patients in various settings, and continuous practice improvement will receive priority consideration