Req ID #: 36542
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Veterinarian for our Safety Assessment site located in Shrewsbury, MA.
The Clinical Veterinarian will be responsible for providing professional veterinary services and managing all phases of health care for the animal colony. They will perform veterinary rounds as scheduled, and provide clinical care and preventive medicine support. They will also perform surgical support and provide anesthesia, surgical and analgesic technical expertise/advice to facilitate protocol development.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Clinical Veterinarian position.
- Education: Veterinary degree (D.V.M./V.M.D.) or international equivalent.
- Experience: Zero to two years related experience with animal care and surgical techniques. Strong preference for experience in a research/lab animal/GLP environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Licensure to practice veterinary medicine in at least one U.S. state required. Ability to practice veterinary medicine in the work state highly desirable.
- Other: Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Good communication skills.