The Diabetes Group at Medtronic is part of Medtronic plc, the global leader in medical technology. We are committed to ongoing breakthrough developments in leading-edge technology, unrivaled service and support, and uncompromising leadership. Medtronic is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care and improving outcomes, so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Educates patients, physicians, nurses, educators, and other health care professionals (HCP's) regarding the importance of intensive management of patients with diabetes using Medtronic Diabetes products.
- Collaborates with sales counterpart to develop and implement territory growth strategy
- Demonstrates products to new patients, consulting with them on therapy options and helping to close the sale via discussions at various training locations including doctor offices, diabetes centers, and occasionally patient homes.
- Trains patients and health care professionals (HPC's) on Medtronic MiniMed's products, operations, and therapy.
- Troubleshoots clinical and technical issues regarding Medtronic MiniMed products and therapy.
- Assists HCP in assessing and managing patient's Medtronic therapy to help ensure positive outcomes
- Trains physicians and nurses (HCP's) on how to optimize glycemia using standard Blood Glucose (BG) readings and sensor technology.
- Consults and presents to individuals and groups on behalf of Medtronic Diabetes
- Plans, organizes and manages assignments within allotted budget.
- Travels in assigned territory on a regular basis and attends seminars, symposiums and special events as directed.
- Recruits, manages and trains Medtronic Diabetes Certified Pump Trainers (CPT's) within assigned territory, and responsible for managing CPT related expenses.
- Collaborates with other Medtronic Diabetes departments to ensure optimal patient experience
- Participates in ongoing competency development through an array of medium including in-person and web-based training.
- Becomes an integral part of the Sales Team.
MUST HAVE - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE BE SURE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ARE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Associates and 4 years clinical experience, or Bachelors with 2 years of clinical experience
- A valid registered license in one or more of the following fields:
Registered Nurse (RN)
Registered Dietitian (RD)
Physicians Assistant (PA)
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred.
- Prior sales experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand various medical periodicals;
- Ability to professionally write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Maintain professional license(s) within locations of employment;
- Ability to apply critical thinking and demonstrate solution-oriented approach to challenging situations
- Ability to effectively train and present information, as well as respond to questions from groups of medical professionals, clients, and the general public;
- Must demonstrate professional business etiquette and protocol when interfacing with customers, patients and medical professionals
- Ability to apply complex mathematical equations (knowledge of basic algebra and geometry);
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, area, circumference, and volume.
- Strong planning, organization and work prioritization skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills to customers, patients co-workers and members of management
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and willingness to learn new platforms.