PPD is currently looking for Experienced CTM's to join our team.
This exciting and unique role could take you to the next step of your career within Clinical Research. The role coordinates all aspects of clinical activities on an international basis. This includes the day to day management and leadership of a team of Clinical Management members who are allocated to a project on a Country basis. You will work in partnership with the Project Manager to ensure the necessary training, tracking and quality systems are in place for the clinical team, and be primarily responsible for the clinical deliverables of the Project within agreed timelines and budget. Clinical Team Managers provide contact and support to the project sponsor for all clinical aspects.
We are seeking high performing individuals who enjoy a fast-paced environment and have had Clinical Study Management experience and exposure to international studies, involving the coordination of clinical management team across different countries. With your excellent written and oral English skills you will have exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills, with the ability to lead CRAs in different countries. You will also have proficient working knowledge of GCP and experience in several medical / therapeutic areas.
You must be comfortable working in a matrix management system and have the ability to motivate, mentor and integrate international teams. Sound like you? We are seeking highly motivated and skilled applicants who will want to share in our continued growth in the international market place. If you succeed we can offer you the opportunity to grow into enhanced roles within the department and also have examples of Clinical Team Managers who have moved into project management or management of CRAs. We will consider field based applicants depending on your experience level.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years).
- Global CTM/PM experience 1+ year (preferred)
- Clinical research experience in all phases of study life cycle, including start up, interim and close out
- Monitoring experience
- Ability and willingness to cross-region and in region travel according to the project needs
- Valid Driver's License and Valid Passport
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic thinking skills and demonstrated performance management abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Highly effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate and integrate teams and teach/mentor team members
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulations e.g. ICH/GCP, FDA guidelines
- Good planning and organizational skills to enable effective prioritization of workload
- Solid interpersonal and problem solving skills to enable working in a multicultural matrix organization
- Capable of working effectively in a changing environment with complex/ambiguous situations
- Familiarity with the practices, processes, and requirements of clinical monitoring
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including English language proficiency
- Capable of evaluating workload against project budget and adjusting resources accordingly
- Sound financial acumen and knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management
- Strong attention to detail
- Good computer skills to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
- Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance