Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The department of Information Technology is actively seeking a Clinical Systems Analyst II. This position works to ensure the computer information systems in the UHealth system are working efficiently and effectively. The analyst provides necessary experience and knowledge to ensure all aspects of applications and systems development, build and implementation. The candidate will lead software upgrades and testing, analyze, define and apply technical knowledge to solve complex problems regarding business application systems. The Clinical Systems Analyst II will work closely with team members, staff and other personnel to gain and understanding of objectives and requirements for the assigned clinical system. The analyst will be responsible for understanding change impacts, formulating strategies with key stakeholders, and addressing problems and challenges within the clinical information systems which may include software problems, hardware issues or network difficulties.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proficient in at least one clinical application
- Create end user documentation to include training materials and report writing/creation within the systems managed.
- Participate in operational workflow validation including requirements, specifications, and gaining end user acceptance.
- Responsible for leading software upgrades and testing from an application perspective to include test plan creation and validation.
- Coordinate software updates and changes, review and test each new release, report application system testing results.
- Perform periodic checks to ensure that data is entered and retrieved correctly and that all regulations regarding confidentiality and security are being followed.
- Understand change impacts and resistance and formulate strategies with key stakeholders to address impacts and build commitment.
- Provides support for designated application systems. Augments and facilitates the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems.
- Facilitates database conversions and performs system analysis.
- Train customers on applications/reports/solutions as required.
- Manage SLA breaches by meeting with customers.
- Ability to maintain appropriate and professional communication with business owners and end users.
- Assists user management in setting priorities within that functional area.
- Adhere to UHealth IT standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 3-6 years of experience with clinical application development and support of users in a healthcare environment required.
- Experience with clinical system upgrades, implementations, and support required. (Epic Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, Excel (pivot tables), Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art technology.
- Experience with major systems development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and control.
- Ability to communicate ideas and provide solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.