Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The department of Information Technology is actively seeking a Clinical Systems Analyst II. This position focuses on the infectious control module within EPIC works to ensure the computer information systems in the UHealth system are working efficiently and effectively. The analyst provides necessary experience and knowledge to ensure all aspects of applications and systems development, build and implementation. The candidate will lead software upgrades and testing, analyze, define and apply technical knowledge to solve complex problems regarding business application systems. The Clinical Systems Analyst II will work closely with team members, staff and other personnel to gain and understanding of objectives and requirements for the assigned clinical system. The analyst will be responsible for understanding change impacts, formulating strategies with key stakeholders, and addressing problems and challenges within the clinical information systems which may include software problems, hardware issues or network difficulties.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform period checks to ensure that data is entered and retrieved correctly and that all regulations regarding confidentiality and security are being followed.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper Systems requirement specifications. Applies technical knowledge of all phases of Systems analysis.
- Coordinate and synthesize the collection of data from multiple sources in order to implement, improve or upgrade systems.
- Provides direction for the IT and analytical requirements for infection control reporting
- Works closely with Infection Control Leadership to ensure EPIC tools are aligned with operational and quality requirements
- Participates in the pre-implementation tasks, as assigned, such as system design, testing and training in order to gain a thorough knowledge of the technology-enabled workflows and the application features and functions.
- Coordinate software updates and changes, review and test each new release, report application system testing results.
- Performs testing for upgrades and problem solving during implementations, simulation and support phases of clinical systems.
- Provides support for designated application systems. Augments and facilitates the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems. Facilitates database conversions and performs system's analysis.
- Responsible for assisting user management in setting priorities within that functional area.
- Work closely with the Quality and Population Health Team
- Assist end user with system related issues, assist in training as required, and oversee dictionary database structure set up and maintenance as necessary for clinical information systems being used.
- Ensures knowledge transfer of the technology enabled user workflows and best practice use of the application.
- Defines information Clinical systems requirements jointly working with management and professional staff in user departments. Technical solutions must satisfy the business needs for the future.
- Assists with communication to assigned group regarding new features/functionality, new workflows, system availability and downtime procedures.
- Ensures adequate communication is maintained regarding all project status and priorities. Manages and augments the development and maintenance of application systems.
- Conducts technical reviews and walk-through of IT design documentation with development and design team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (degree in Information Technology, RN, PA or ARNP preferred).
- Proficient in at least one EPIC clinical application and preferably ICON application.
- 3-6 years of experience with clinical application development and support of users in a healthcare environment required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs, Excel (pivot tables), Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience with project upgrade and implementation required.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, Excel (pivot tables), Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art technology.
- Experience with major systems development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and control.
- Ability to communicate ideas and provide solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.