Located minutes from downtown Austin, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center is a level IV Designated Trauma Center with more than 600 healthcare professionals working together to provide complete inpatient, outpatient, surgical and emergency care for Cedar Park and the greater Austin region.
Our culture nurtures each employee by developing a sense of purpose, providing worthwhile work and giving each of us the opportunity to make a difference in the patients we care for. Our goal is to create a great place for associates to work, physicians to practice medicine, and patients to receive the highest level of care in the community we call home.
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Staff Pharmacist to join our team! This is a full time position with a rotating schedule.
- Prospectively reviews all medication orders (verbal or written) for appropriateness and verifies orders within CPOE system ensuring proper pharmacotherapy. Must also enter written medication orders in the electronic system
- Verifies and validates accurate preparation by technicians prior to dispensing. May occasionally need to prepare medication doses for patient use
- Implements safe and cost effective drug therapy regimens according to defined clinical activities and/or corporate initiatives (e.g. kinetic dosing, antibiotic review, renal dosing, IV-to-PO switches, therapeutic interchange, etc.)
- Utilizes proper electronic pharmacovigilance methods to document and illustrate clinical outcomes while providing drug information to physicians, nurses, patients, family, and administration
- Directs the work activities of technicians and other personnel to assure timely preparation and expedient delivery of medication doses, both oral and intravenous to the proper patient care area(s)
- Maintain control & accountability for all controlled substances' transactions as outlined by legal and corporate requirements (including documentation and review)
- Prioritize clinical tasks as warranted throughout shift to provide optimum patient care and safety
- Demonstrates proficiency in patient education and counseling with effective communication and delivery
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy required
- Current licensure as Registered Pharmacist in the State of Texas
- American Heart Association (AHA) approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS )preferred
- ACPE accredited certification on aseptic technique and sterile compounding or equivalent required
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay + Shift Differentials
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Additional perks and discounts.