What You Will Do
As a Clinical Specialty Pharmacist with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in specialized areas, such as nuclear medicine, oncology, cardiology. You will serve as a subject matter expert in outpatient oncology and provide guidance across pharmacies and to clinical leadership. Additionally, this is a great opportunity for an entreprenureal spirit looking to have a hand in further developing this area of pharmacy and a desire to have a strong impact on patients!
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients. Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversees technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Assists with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students. May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs. Provides patient counseling when required.
- Lead the team in process improvement initiatives.
- 80% outpatient responsibilities, 20% inpatient responsibilities.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Indiana Board Of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required Pharmacy residency preferred
- Completion of PGY2 with a concentration in oncology strongly preferred.
- Several years of experience in a clinical setting, and/or outpatient setting preferred (hospitals or infusion center background).
- Experience with process improvement preferred.