$80K — $100K *
This position will be used to oversee Respiratory Therapist clinical practice and competency throughout CNMC. Incumbent will monitor, evaluate and determine, in conjunction w/ the Director and medical team, the clinical practice of respiratory care. The incumbent will insure optimal ventilator management, treatment modalities and clinical plan to facilitate appropriate patient management and length of stay. In addition, incumbent will be responsible for training and research related to respiratory care practice.
Bachelor's Degree- Bachelor's degree in respiratory care or related medical field .
Minimum Work Experience
7 years - Approximately seven to ten years of progressively more responsible job related experience.
License/Certifications Registration by the National Board for Respiratory CareNBRC) and licensed as a Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in the District of Columbia
1. Job requires a very high level of problem-solving. [For example: planning and directing the work of more than one large and diverse work group, developing short-and-long term strategies for a significant problem/service, conducting original research in a specific discipline.
1. Internal contacts necessary to effectively negotiate, persuade or present issues to others within the hospital.
1. Work assignments are generally received in the form of broad goals or areas of responsibility and require considerable judgment regarding the interpretation of policies, development of procedures, and selection of appropriate courses of action.
1. Assists with patient care by performing clinical procedures, and/or developing therapeutic programs, as needed
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Valid through: 2/22/2021