A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
Our Mission- Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life.
- A. Position Summary:
- Interprets orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
- Accurately compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- Provides clinical services including, but not limited to, daily consults, antimicrobial stewardship, anticoagulation review, and other pharmacy interventions identified through clinical software
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed
- Sustains the hospital formulary, minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
- Participates in multidisciplinary and bedside rounds.
- Provides accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
- Effectively and proactively follow up with medical staff on any issue regarding drug therapy
- Documents all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely
- Effectively shift communicates to other pharmacists and technicians to ensure continuity of care
- Supports and participates in the goals of the organization’s quality improvement, risk management and patient safety program to include but not limited to National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures and HCAHPS medication related initiatives
- Completes notification reports regarding medication errors and adverse drug reactions
- Maintains professional competency sufficient to meet current and future needs of the facility
- Provides basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
- Effectively supervises pharmacy operation activities and provides support to the whole pharmacy team, including supervision and assistance with pharmacy technicians as needed.
- Prioritizes work and leads others to comply with facility medication turn-around time policy and procedure. Identifies areas for improved efficiency. Assists in implementation of process changes.
- Compliant with facility pharmacy schedule to work physically at patient care areas to interact with medical staff, nurses and other members of the healthcare team.
- Complies with all pharmacy policies and regulatory standards.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performs longitudinal patient care responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintains appropriate controlled substance records. Works with the Pharmacy Director, or designee, appropriate manager to identify and develop processes to meet or exceed all controlled substance diversion prevention and monitoring standards. Participates in controlled substance reviews and audits.
- Complies with all regulatory standards. Works with the Pharmacy Director and Operations/Clinical Manager to identify and develop processes to meet or exceed all regulatory standards. Participates in quality and regulatory reviews and audits
- Provides and demonstrates expertise in a specialized area of pharmacy practice (operational and/or clinical). Utilizes this knowledge to serve Trident Health patients and ensure best processes are in place
- As time permits and as assigned, this pharmacist must be able to:
- a. Completes drug utilization reviews to promote rational drug therapy and implement improvements identified.
- b. Leads and develops pharmacy clinical services such as drug consults, antimicrobial stewardship, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership
- c. Is a leader and mentor of the antimicrobial management and other clinical programs
- d. Participates in the design, collection, and reporting of adverse drug reactions, drug utilization reviews, medication errors and pharmacy quality initiatives
- e. Participate in the continuous quality review of order sets and/or computer drug entries. Provides review and guidance on physician order sets and other evidenced based medication use guidelines
- f. Participates with various nursing and medical staff committees
- g. Performs drug class reviews and drug monographs
- h. Participates in all aspects of managing the drug formulary
- i. Assists with development, implementation, and monitoring of pharmacy operations initiatives (operational/clinical)
- j. Participates in development and review of pharmacy policies and procedures
- k. Participates in establishing pharmacy goals and objectives and assist in the implementation
- Participates in the training and mentorship of pharmacists, pharmacy students and / or residents, and technicians
- Serves in the primary role of the development and preceptorship of pharmacy students and / or residents
- Available to pharmacists for more advanced clinical scenarios requiring a higher level of care
- Assists pharmacists in conflict resolution between pharmacy and other disciplines as needed to ensure the best patient care provided
- · Must have a valid active South Carolina registered pharmacist license.
- · Must have:
- o Residency certification for two years of training
- o 5 years of hospital experience PLUS alternative certification or experience which demonstrates suitable educational exposure
- o At least 3 years as a clinical pharmacist I and has demonstrated project management and leadership skills required for a clinical specialist clinical / operational position.
Pediatric Residency or equivalent peds experience highly recommended but not required.
- Education: B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy and a current pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- · Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred
- 3. Experience:
- · Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- · Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- · Must be effective communicator (effective at both written and verbal communication)
- · Hospital pharmacy experienced required (as mentioned above)
- · Must be proficient in computer applications