Description: Under indirect Sup-v,the CSI provides direct patient care which may include assessment, design of treatment programs,&implementation of treatment programs. Additionally,the CSI acts as a resource in their area of clinical specialty to staff&students. The CSI may arrange for,plan & deliver educational opportunities for internal&external customers both locally®ionally. The CSI reports directly to the Dept Admin or Asst Dept Admin.
- Upholds KP's Policies&Procedures,Principles of Responsibilities&applicable state,fed&local laws.
- Develops & implement in-srv training programs in areas of expertise for students,staff,& clinicians inside&outside of their work location.
- Periodic reassessment of the effectiveness of the these programs,rendering modifications as warranted.
- Insure cleanliness of assigned area & proper functioning of patient care equipment by following Dept equipment maintenance policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates professional competence in assessing patient's condition at the onset & through all phases of the physical therapy program:
- Routinely obtain accurate & complete history through clinical observation & interaction w/the patient.
- Routinely perform appropriate examinations,using specialized evaluation procedures.
- Consistently interpret evaluation findings correctly to determine nature & degree of dysfunction.
- Routinely take usual & special precautions relative to the age,medical history & condition of the patient & the type of treatment being given.
- Consistently establish measurable treatment goals & develop appropriate treatment plans to achieve those goals.
- Regularly reassess clinical signs & symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment,progress towards goals,& the need for modification of treatment &/or goals.
- Routinely consult w/the referring physician regarding treatment request which are contraindicated relative to the patient's physical condition or medical history.
- Delegate appropriately to support personnel.
- Demonstrate skill in the performance of physical therapy skills relative to musculoskeletal & neurological assessment & treatment procedures including:
- Testing & treatment of spine & extremities using accessory & physiological joint motion.
- Clinical testing to determine muscle strength,reflexes,sensation,coordination,range of motion,& other sensory motor skills.
- Clinical analysis & treatment of postural, gait,& ADL disorders.
- Admin of modalities & other physical agents.
- Admins of exercise programs/development of patient care programs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive,physical,emotional,&chronological maturation process in the delivery of srvs to patients of the age group served. Is able to assess data reflective of the patient's status & interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs&to provide care in accordance w/departmental policy.
- Routinely consider the patient's physical&cognitive abilities in the selection&Admin of treatment procedures in treating the following types of patients:
- Neonatal, pediatric,adolescent,adult,& geriatric patients.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely, accurate,& comprehensive manner following Dept policies & procedures.
- Establish & maintain courteous,cooperative relations w/the public,patients,families,staff,physicians,& other personnel.
- Develop & implement special classes or clinics for patient populations w/in area of expertise in conjunction w/other members of the rehabilitation Dept & outside personnel as appropriate.
- Acts as a resource & mentor to students & Dept staff in areas of clinical expertise.
- Minimum three (3) years of full time experience (2080 hours = 1 year) or enrollment in or completion of an APTA credentialed fellowship program; additionally, one (1) year of experience can be met by successful passage of an APTA specialty certification exam.
- Completion of an accredited physical therapist training program with a certificate, BS, MS, or DPT degree.
- Minimum 200 hours of specialized education (can be completed via applicable continuing education course work, residency or fellowship hours/course work.
License, Certification, Registration
- Approved BLS.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
- California Physical Therapist License or eligible.
- CurrentBLS certification.
Job Number: 670577