The Clinical Social Worker I provides mental health evaluations and psychotherapy to children, adolescents, young adults with developmental disabilities or chronic health conditions and their families; acts as social work role and training model to graduate social work students and interdisciplinary team members; may assist in the development and implementation of in-service training programs for the department and interdisciplinary staff and trainees.
1. Provides mental health evaluations to children, adolescents and families referred for Social Work treatment including psychosocial history, descriptions of individual and family dynamics, environmental factors, formulations of diagnoses and identification of treatment goals and plans.
2. Provides psychotherapy to children, adolescents, groups and families.
3. Provides case management services, collaborates with KKI interdisciplinary staff and community agencies acting as mental health specialist on behalf of clients. May attend case conferences, such as IEPs, as needed.
4. Provides appropriate documentation according to departmental guidelines.
5. May assist in the development and implementation of in-service training seminars and lectures for the Center for Autism and Related Disorders as well as the Social Work Department and for the interdisciplinary educational program of the Institute.
May assist in departmental or interdisciplinary research projects as specific research opportunities become available and are approved by the Director of CARD.
6. Assists in the establishment and monitoring of performance improvement/performance evaluation standards.
- Master's degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Must be licensed in the State of Maryland, by the Board of Social Work Examiners, Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as a Certified Social Worker - Clinical.
- Two years of clinical experience including at least one year in the provision of services to children, adolescents and young adults with developmental disabilities, chronic health problems or disorders of the brain with a specialization in autism spectrum disorders. This experience may have been gained while a trainee at the Institute, or a related facility.