This position requires flexibility in scheduling to accommodate after-school, and some early evening appointments in an outpatient setting.
The Clinical Social Worker I provides clinical care to children, adolescents, adults, and families. This includes mental health and medically-focused psychosocial evaluations; therapeutic interventions; and coordination of care. The Clinical Social Worker I participates on client & family centered interdisciplinary teams reflecting strengths and needs of the client consistent with the values and principles of the practice of social work. The Clinical Social Worker I may be involved in training activities, outreach, and research as members of interdisciplinary programs and the department.
- Provides mental health and medically-focused psychosocial evaluations to clients referred for social work services.
- Provides mental health treatment and medically-focused interventions to assigned clients.
- Provides coordination of care on behalf of clients in collaboration with KKI interdisciplinary staff and community agencies. May attend internal and external meetings focused on client care.
- Is responsible for utilizing supervision, interdisciplinary consultation, independent study, and training activities to ensure the delivery of high quality care based upon the needs of clients served in the assigned program(s) and or clinic(s).
- Provides timely appropriate documentation according to professional, departmental and KKI guidelines, while maintaining billing and productivity standards.
- May serve on committees and may participate in training, outreach, and research activities, as assigned.
- Assists in the establishment and monitoring of performance improvement/performance evaluation standards.
- May provide field instruction to social work trainees.
- Master's degree from an accredited school of Social Work is required.
- Must be licensed in the State of Maryland, by the Board of Social Work Examiners, Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as a Certified Social Worker - Clinical.
- The candidate must have two years of licensed clinical experience, preferably with children, adolescents and adults with developmental, learning, medical and/or emotional disabilities.
JOB ID 2120