Clinical Site Development Manager
The principal mission of Western Governors University is to improve quality and expand access to post-secondary educational opportunities by providing a means for individuals to learn independent of time and place and to earn competency-based degrees and other credentials that are credible to both academic institutions and employers. If you are interested in helping students achieve their dreams for a degree and career success by providing a personal, flexible, and affordable education based on real world competencies, we provide employees a meaningful, enjoyable and rewarding work experience.
The Clinical Site Development Manager (CSDM) is responsible for establishing and maintaining partnerships with affiliated health and community organizations in support of Nursing Field Placement. The CSDM will act as a liaison between WGU and Agencies in the facilitation of contracts. Duties include outreach to facilities and organizations to establish and maintain a contractual relationship via phone, email, and, as appropriate, in person. The position reports to the State Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Authentically projects and reflects the mission of WGU
- Develops and manages relationships with hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and other clinical agency sites for nursing students to complete clinical rotations and presents sites to program coordinator for approval
- Obtains initial signatures and renewal signatures on contracts between Western Governors University and clinical sites, based on alignment with course competencies.
- Manages relationships with existing clinical agency partners to ensure student and clinical site satisfaction as well as successful clinical experiences for nursing students. Responsible for the identification and assessment of concerns related to clinical experiences; facilitates appropriate intervention with the State Director of Nursing.
- Attends clinical coordination meetings (i.e. partner based clinical placement meetings). Creates and delivers presentations to key hospital leaders.
- Develops innovative partnerships with hospital educators and leadership to provide educational services.
- Cultivates relationships to source potential full and part-time faculty.
- Provides input to Strategic Relations about the clinical strengths of the nursing program.
- Maintains complete knowledge and understanding of WGU curriculum and prelicensure nursing program, and able to effectively explain the model to clinical partners.
- Participates in academic planning to secure clinical partnerships to ensure adequate student clinical placement.
- Facilitates recruitment of Clinical Instructors and Clinical Coaches.
- Develop deep partnerships to increase WGU’s reach and educational impact.
- Completes work in a timely manner, including preparing, documenting, and tracking cohort assignments.
- Serves as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Execute a relevant strategic account plan for every account owned, ensuring partnership launches, maintenance, project timelines, student impact and business results are achieved.
- Incorporate consistent utilization of marketing and partnership communication that will enhance WGU being top of mind for educational opportunities.
- Maintain timely, accurate and thorough documentation of all activities, tasks, contacts and account management.
- Meet Clinical Site Development Manager Annual Clinical Affiliation and WGU goals.
- Meets with the SDON weekly and as needed to discuss timelines and progress towards the acquisition of clinical sites under the guidance of the SDON.
- Initiative - Self-directed with a strong bias for action and results.
- Reliability - Accountable to self and others; does what it takes to get the job done; actions are consistent with words; follows through on commitments; exhibits exceptional integrity.
- Problem Solving – is able to develop new ideas that will enhance partnership results, is future-oriented and assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important.
- Earns trust – is exceptional and persuasive using communication skills, oral and written, delivers on commitments.
- Negotiation – can negotiate and influence skillfully and professionally while maintaining relationships.
- Attitude - Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth; self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others; asserts self appropriately to champion ideas; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
- Adaptability – Manages behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations; tackles obstacles appropriately; is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field.
- Experience: Experience in higher education developing Clinical Site relationships, specifically for Nursing Programs, is strongly preferred. Inside sales and/or sales support skills helpful-- ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of successful demonstration of business development and/or sales competencies. Solid knowledge or experience working in healthcare field, directly with or for providers is preferred. Ability to make presentations to healthcare leaders and educators and be comfortable developing relationships via phone and in person. Knowledge and use of Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite is desirable.
- Other: Ability to travel on a frequent basis. Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Location: Orlando, FL.
Job Location Orlando, Florida, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular