- Assist in planning and developing simulation training within the undergraduate medical curriculum;
- Assist in the preparation and production of resources and materials required to support simulation training and assessment, which will require some computer proficiency;
- Assist in organization and scheduling of simulation training;
- Define and document the specific requirements for the simulations to ensure a high level of preparedness, success, and impactful educational experiences for the learners;
STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING:
- Assist in the development of training programs for new members of staff;
- Assist with the development of training programs for other CSIs;
- Assist with examiner development and training;
- May be required to role play within the simulation scenarios.
INTER PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Liaise with other professional trainers in both undergraduate and postgraduate healthcare arenas to promote aspects of inter professional training;
- Assist in the development of the Centre as a postgraduate resource in continuing health care education in both primary and secondary care;
- Assist with the development of multi-disciplinary shared learning opportunities in the undergraduate training of healthcarestudents across medicine, nursing and other allied healthcare professionals promoting team working.
- Assist in the development of valid and reliable assessment of skills acquisition;
- Collaborate with faculty, educators and physicians on simulation-based training research
- Assist in the co-ordination of the workshop activities of the Simulation Centre;
- Assist in the planning of materials and resources required for simulation-based training;
- Contribute to the development of policies, procedures, and practices of the simulation Centre.
- The CSI will be expected to maintain and develop their own portfolio of skills and to keep up to date with new developments in clinical practice and educational initiatives;
- The CSI will be required to gain an understanding of the use and operation of different simulator technologies
- Bachelor of Nursing Sciences.
- Masters degree would be an asset.
- Five years of recent experience in clinical practice.
- Teaching and/or research experience with proven teaching ability.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills required combined with the ability to prepare and teach in a classroom and clinical setting.
- Good technical skills in using computers and medical equipment.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and demonstrate flexibility in his or her approach.
- Demonstrated ability to teach at the highest standard, ensuring consistency and quality.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations within established guidelines and procedures.
- Exercises judgment in completing recurring assignments independently.
- Works under direction with considerable scope for independent judgment.
- Comfortable working in an environment which requires the respect of standards, plans, directives, and/or policies.
- Ability to coordinate work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.